Translation Equipment for School Systems and PTAs
We get a lot of questions from schools, boards and PTAs who are looking to provide second language support for their meetings and facilities, so we’ve put together this special page.
As classrooms become more diverse, schools are finding themselves in need of providing support for one or more additional languages during school events, parent-teacher conferences, and in the classroom.
We offer a full range of equipment to support multi-lingual interactions using a live interpreter (there is currently no workable technology that supports fully automatic translation without the need for a skilled human interpreter).
The equipment we offer will allow your students and parents to follow the meetings or instruction in real time in their home language. This will result in a level of comprehension and interactivity not possible in other ways.
Usually, a new set of interpretation gear will work well with your existing audio equipment, and does not have to be operated by a technician. Some sets of equipment are fully portable, breaking down into a suitcase or carrying case for easy storage, while others are less mobile.
- The technology does not yet exist to provide accurate real-time audio translation of an event without a human interpreter. You will need a live interpreter to work with all our equipment. This can be a professional or volunteer in some cases.
- Overall, translation equipment functions as a set of receivers and transmitters. Essentially, you are setting up a mini radio station inside your facility that broadcasts a feed of the second language.
- With all systems, you can add an unlimited number of listeners within the system’s range by adding additional receivers. You can always start small and expand later.
- You can provide simultaneous translation for up to 14 languages with our systems. The typical setup is 1-3 languages.
- Translation equipment can also double as assistive listening gear for members of your community who require hearing support.
- For more information, refer to our guides on the types of translation equipment and conference microphone systems.
Finally, if you need a sales quote, are looking for an audio product you don’t see on the site, or have any other questions just drop me a line.
Call: (877) 817 0733
Hi – I’m Will and I started this company to help you find the best simultaneous translation / interpretation equipment for your organization.
If you need a sales quote, are looking for an audio product you don’t see on the site, or have any other questions just drop me a line.
I usually respond within 30 minutes during business hours (EST).
Call: (877) 817 0733
Note: All equipment we sell is for interpretation using a LIVE human interpreter/translator. There is nothing that I know of that exists now that is able to produce a good quality audio translation without a human interpreter.